District Lay Employment Support
Telephone: 07713 997952 (Melanie Walsh)
District Lay Employment Team:
- Melanie Walsh is the District Lay Employment Contact - the first line of support for all lay employment queries;
- Liz Vere of Silver Consulting (Human Resource Partners) Ltd, acting as the District Lay Employment Advisor, provides HR consultancy advice and support where required.
When to contact us:
Employing bodies within the District should contact us in the following lay employment situations so that we can provide guidance and support:-
- Creating or advertising a new post;
- Extension of probationary periods;
- Advice on any aspect of existing terms and conditions of employment, pay rates, Methodist Church lay employment policies;
- Any changes to existing terms and conditions of employment including hours changes, extension of fixed term contracts;
- Any termination of employment situations, including resignation, disciplinary, redundancy, ending of a fixed term contract;
- Any employment disputes, such as situations involving a disciplinary, grievance or relationship difficulty.
In all of the above situations, we would request that you contact us at the earliest opportunity so that we can provide you with the best possible advice, support and the highest level of service.
Our service level for responding to queries from employing bodies is 7 days at the latest.
Lay Employment FAQs:
Please click here to download some lay employment FAQS which have been answered by the District Lay Employment Team.