Rural Contacts and Information
DISTRICT RURAL LEAD
Revd Andrew Webb - Superintendent of the Skipton & Grassington Circuit
GERMINATE: The Arthur Rank Centre
An ecumenical Christian charity serving both the spiritual and practical needs of the rural community through a programme of community and social projects, resourcing and training. The website has a list of resources and training opportunities.
NATIONAL RURAL OFFICER FOR METHODIST AND URC - REVD ELIZABETH CLARK
The role of the National Rural Officer is:
- to support and encourage the mission and ministry of rural churches
- to advocate for rural churches within the denominations
- to be an advocate on rural issues within the churches and wider society
COMMUNITY FIRST YORKSHIRE
Community First Yorkshire is a regional body which works with voluntary and community organisations, social enterprises and rural communities across North, South and West Yorkshire. They are an independent charity formed from a merger between Rural Action Yorkshire and the North Yorkshire & York Forum. Key areas of their work are:
- offering support, training, events and resources on everything affecting life in a rural area
- help with funding, running community buildings, and staying up to date with the latest legislation
- Assisting with the implementation of Community Led Plans, which identify the strengths and weaknesses of an area and plan the future of community development work.
SUPPORT FOR FARMERS / THOSE WORKING IN AGRICULTURE
The Farming Community Network (FCN) is a voluntary organisation and charity that supports farmers and families within the farming community through difficult times.
Addington Fund - providing homes for farming families having to leave the industry and emergency grants in times of hardship.
The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution - a grant making charity that supports members of the farming community facing need, hardship or distress.